Thursday 22 November 2007

unfaithfull writer

somewhere in the midst of running a house and children I loose my self for weeks at a time I forget who I am, the person I was before I became who I am now a relocated mum of four with a relocated life, a life I am also on the fringes of ,never quite in the circle realise I am a serial adulteress, constantly unfaithful to myself needs my wants and my yearnings and God given talent I do what needs to be done to reasonably satisfy my self and then press the off key and disappear back into the mundane leaving my inner self screaming for attention,stimulation and fulfillment feel guilty about it but still fall into the same pattern of self neglect because others wants and needs are more important than mine? I ask my self once a week why?and there are many answers but should any of them be an excuse to not being faithful to Mandy,she the writer,singer,tv presenter all of which she excels at and more... Is she not good enough for me, the wife and mother in her comfortable routine and safe existence am I scared of her overwhelming me completely absorbing me and leaving me with no room to focus on anyone but her?what is the truth, what is my truth I still haven't found it perhaps its because I've pushed the off key again

6 comments:

KemiMamaLopes said...

Me time needed. Holiday in a spa with good food, spa treatments, limited internet access, no tv, no children. I am coming along :)

Mandy Brown-Ojugbana said...

Not me I am the four day trip to NYC girl,whith the mad dash round the malls on an adrenaline rush looking for the best designer wear I can get for my kids,and looking for something new for the man in my life that has almost everything.very very sad huh!but hmmm.... what spas were u thinking?

Unknown said...

No need to feel guilty about being selfless...it's just the way you are...
I'd take Kemimamalope up on her suggestion if I were you though...

Mandy Brown-Ojugbana said...

Obi...so were r the lagos spas then?

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

http://www.nigeriagalleria.com/Services/Health_Clubs_Skin_Care_Spa.html

Try that link, and remember to click thru ALL pages from A-Z..you should find something you might wanna check out..