Saturday 24 November 2007

New dawn with funmi

I had a wonderful experience meeting Funmi,last week on her show I am quite an admirer of hers she has such a lot of spunk and charisma and also being a fellow blogger I felt like I knew her... well some of her. she is a powerful advocate for the underprivileged and the forgotten and had me on to talk about my future plans for my entry into the world of media as I am planning to set up a production company in the new year by the grace of God.speaking of the grace of God, this is sad but true of me ,I am always second guessing myself and wondering if the things I plan to do are going to be sanctioned by him because deep down I know that I know that I know I should be working on the songs he gave me to release an album with,could I have my cake and eat it. I spoke to my brother the other day and he said to let God do it what does that mean I said, and he implied that Iwas always making too many plans and should allow God to take control. so do I stop and wait ? as I said I feel I am still on the outer circle. How do you know when you are walking into your destiny?

6 comments:

Unknown said...

The answer my friend...s blowing in da wind...
Sorry..I just couldn't resist that one..!!

Mandy Brown-Ojugbana said...

Obi..uhh thanks

Ore said...

I'm still figuring this one out myself so I'm not sure that I can really offer much of an answer.

The one thing that I can say is that whenever I have taken some action that was leading me towards my destiny, I felt quite sure of my decision. I might acknowledge the (apparent to some) foolhardiness of my decision and the difficulties that lie along the way, but at the end of the day, I remain unmoved in my decision and am overall content with the direction that I am heading in.

Anonymous said...

You can watch the highlights of the show on these links:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-KaPC9crONQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7lNBRlNyYdc

Mandy Brown-Ojugbana said...

Thanks Ore I admire your sureness

O.A.Eddy said...

Wow, what a very honest entry. Many times I struggle with that myself. I believe that there are very few of us who do not doubt ourselves and our abilities, especially when we are doing something that is a little out of the box.

On the other hand I was wondering if "deep down I know that I know that I know I should be working on the songs he gave me to release an album with"

then why don't you just work on releasing the album first then working on the other things later on.

Just keep on praying and seeking God. Remember that the people in the Bible who God held in high regard such as David, Abraham, Moses did no get it right all the time. Abraham produced Ishmael, David committed adultery and killed a man, Moses struck the rock when he was supposed to hit it (or was that the other way around) We just have to be open to God's correction. And if God says: "hey daughter I wanted you to go right instead of left" be quick to say "sorry Lord" and change directions.

We mustn't let our fears paralyze us in a state of inactivity. Just keep on doing what it is you believe God is leading you to do and by God's grace it will be fine.