Sunday 25 November 2007

Sunday Sunday

I wonder why I still haven't settled on a church I want to fellowship at permanently yet, as I am spoilt for choice as indeed most of us are in the Lagos metropolis.There are services to suite all, at all times of the day,and yet still I will not commit. I remember on one of my trips to NYC I was looking for some new shoes and headed for Macy's department store shoe floor, the sheer size of the place was completely overwhelming there were high heels and low heels thick heels and spiky heels, wedgies platforms and pumps with there various colours leaving my head in a spin as I had forgotten what I had come in for,and then came the prices, and did you go designer or high street and what did you want to pay?and with the sales people trying to persuade me to purchase there wares It took me 20minutes to gather myself and leave with nothing.

I realise now that im not sure which church I want to wear ,who's mantle I want to wrap round me what size heels would fit,and who's visionary colours I would want to buy into. I don't know what price I'm ready to pay.
I was all ready to go back to my old church which has many many branches over here untill it was announced that ladies had to start coming in long skirts and dresses. I own but one skirt in my wardrobe and it is black and was bought for a funeral,and even with its long length left me feeling more exposed than my usual pair of trousers.

With so many good churches out there and the rest of them just pimping Jesus the streets are bare on Sunday mornings, everyone with there special pair of shoes on off to praise our God,but as the day dawns on Monday morning nothing changes, the shoes come off as we shout abuse to our fellow drivers off on the school,job,bank and maybe booty call run trying to block as many cars as we can so we can get where were going faster as you know we have more important stuff to do. I think I'll just stick to me and Jesus for now till I can find the right fit and hopefully God in his amazing grace will forgive me.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sis Mandy, it is very important to make the right choice when choosing a church and not just jump on the band wagon, may God guide as you embark on the journey of finding the right one, we at NLA Hendon miss u and hopefully you would drop by when u are around, remain blessed.

Sarah Ahmad

Mandy Brown-Ojugbana said...

Thanks sarah I miss u guys too,my love to everyone and greetings to pastor.

Anonymous said...

Hi Mandy

I left a comment on an old post a couple of months ago about taxi driver lyrics. you said you couldnt remember but if i would send you the track, it will all come back. I just wondered if you've been able to find it now that uv moved to nig, or if you're still looking??

Anyway, if you are, you can listen to it on this website http://www.krazienaija.com/classics.html

just scroll down on the play list and u will find it!

i shall be back for the complete lyrics! lolllll!!! *wink wink*

hope u make a comeback soon! we need a taxi driver remix!!!!!!!

Mandy Brown-Ojugbana said...

anon... thanks for the link enjoyed listening to it again :) let me know the lyrics u dont understand and I shall clarify.as for the remix never say never.

Anonymous said...

yup! me again! i dont get most of the second verse so pls clarify!!! thanks! BIG FAT KISSS!!!

PS: saw u on New Dawn...dont mind them, u are a correct omo-dudu even tho u are omo-pupa! lol!!
but lets face it tho, am sure u enjoyed the extra attention u got from the boyz cos u were 'half-caste' as they say in nigeria! lollll!!!

Anonymous said...

oh! actually Mandy, its the third verse i want...infact the whole song plssssssssssssssssssssss....pweeety plssssssssssssssssssssss....thanks

and if u have sumtime, pls listen to my cousin's music here www.myspace.com/chykayy he's going to be the next big thing on the charts oh! he writes all his songs as well ...lemme know what u think...an opinion from an accomplished artiste would mean the world to him!

BIG FAT HUG!!!

Mandy Brown-Ojugbana said...

anon.... your going to have to be patient re the lyrics.and I shall check out your cousin.