Tuesday 19 February 2008

valentines day at lekki beach

with oga off travelling the world as usual and my two older ones after much begging and pleading (and then playing the you don't love us you went of to New York, and left us card)in England for the half term.I decided to spend valentines day with my two younger ones at lekki beach.As usual on arrival we were defrauded of our money
for the beach and also for the new tariff they have just introduced for the car park,the car park meaning a strip of sand with no clear definition that they occasionally hose down to stop you sinking into the sand,I dont mind realy and I quite like the beach area boys they try to keep the beach clean and are on first name terms with my kids so its all good.Gosh it was so romantic the water was so so blue like it had just been imported from Hawaii the sand was valentine clean, fine and powdery. I settled my self down on my favorite beach chair like an old aunt, put on my Jackie Os and began to watch all the action.couple number one descend down to the beach she looking all black Beyonce, with her little plasic valentines rose and he looking all Taye diggs with a bottle of Baron de Vlle red wine and a glint in his eye( today na today)she touched his arm and whispered in his ear to my imagination promises of delights to come in one of beach huts that affords the privacy to be erm.. romantic later on, and then pushes him off to haggle with the horseman on a white charger cos she wants a ride,the horse man who is charging valentines prices begins to irritate Taye Diggs as he is not willing to part with N700 for Beyonce to take a ride.Beyonce begins to fiddle with her bra strap and the horseman offers a quick discount, as they gallop of into the almost but not quite sunset Taye Diggs buys guguru and epa(peanuts and popcorn)couple number two enter my radar (she like Oprah Winfrey he unfortunately not steadman) mainly because she decides my little homely patch is good security for her bag and shoe which she, after greeting me like we were friends, drops by my seat.Her rose is made out of cloth unlike beyonces little plastic one and a bit larger.They run towards the water hand in hand,totaly immersed in each other you can almost tell they've farmed out the kids to family and are desperately trying to seek romance again.

I glance over at Taye Diggs who is now polishing off his red wine , not leaving much for Beyonce,whilst pacing up and down the beach wondering were she is.Oprah runs back with, not steadman and they retire to one of the beach houses for some....rest.
I briefly check that the tide hasn't pulled away my children and then on hearing
smacking noises coming from the beach house behind me I adjust my chair away from Oprah, and not steadman,and return to gaze at Taye Diggs,well you know, eye candy now, after all its valentines.He has finished off the bottle of wine and is running up and down the beach looking for Beyonce,asking all the other horsemen if they have seen de broda on de white orse ,no oh! we neva see am ! With Taye about to go into melt down Beyonce arrives with, did I say the Jay z lookalike!.... well he was yellow.
Now Jay z has a very satisfied look on his face and Beyonce looks like she had had a good ride, Taye looks as if he is about to take Jay Z out, but Beyonce whispers something in his ear. As Jay z gallops off I ponder on what she could have said to explain her absence for 45 minutes, if only I had super powers.Meanwhile Oprah comes out of the hut looking like the cat that just got the cream,and not steadman looked,
rested.As she began to look frantically for her bag I motioned her over,
not wanting to spoil her good mood as I had moved her bag for safe keeping.
So how was it now I said very forwardly she giggled like a school girl picked her things and ran off.Oh happy days so how was your valentines ?

19 comments:

Iyaeto said...

Chei! Mandy u dey enjoy o!I got back from Maryland on Val's day so I was jetlagged could go anywhere with oga. It was dry! We exchanged gifts though. Brought him back a mega (sub)sandwich!(which was well tucked in my travelling bag from Yanks.

chioma said...

Hey mandy...was that lekki story fact or fiction?lol,...enjoyed your post.btw i loved your song taxi driver...a big fan..lets know when ur next album drops n include taxi driver o!

ababoypart2 said...

Put on your Jackie Os – love that. Guguru and epa…lol.

The cheek of couple number two, dropping her stuff off with you. Maybe she knew you had no action, with Oga off travelling the world…lol

Couple No.2 - retire to one of the beach houses for some rest…? As in rest…lol

Jay –Z, Beyonce and Taye Diggs – some story…lol.

Loved this post.Loved it

Happy Days..

Nonesuch said...

Lol really hard. Beyonce seem to have had a good ride.lol. the beach is always a fun play.

How was my Vals? ....

Mandy Brown-Ojugbana said...

Iyaeto..and what did he get you?


Chioma....Its amazing the stuff that goes on at the beach.

Ababoy..Im glad I cracked you up.I had a great time watching.

nonesuch...yes how was your valentines day ?

Jinta said...

there is power in observation. i like to watch ppl too

mb-o, taxi driver was it! have you considered a re-release?

Mandy Brown-Ojugbana said...

Jinta ...never say never.

Mimi said...

Yeah! Mandy did the Lekki beach thing really happen, or is a figment of your big imagination.
I reads a bit like those Mills and Boon books you use to read..........tell the truth....Abba!
Anyway don't worry your Oga will be back soon so you can get those Victoria Secrets out.

Iyaeto said...

Perfume and card, No cuddle and kisses (LOL!!!!)

Mandy Brown-Ojugbana said...

Mimi..chei! mills and boon ke!I was never one of those girls I have always preferred the harder stuff.Couple number one and two were definatley at the beach.
Oga is back bringing gifts of La Senza.
Iyaeto..Spray d perfume and jump on him.

Gbemi's Piece said...

You definitely had the right to ask her how it was. Nothing forward about it. After all, she felt comfortable enough to leave you with her stuff. Sounds like you and your kids had a blast.

Mimi said...

Mmm....if you say so. You should have asked your Oga to bring back some Ann Summers stuff.....not that I would know what they sell there. I've heard they sell nurse..........I just heard

Unknown said...

Kai..you're just one BIG tatafo..!!!

Mimi said...

Obi, Im English what does tatafo mean??????

Mandy Brown-Ojugbana said...

gbemi... we did even minus oga!

obi....u are confusing mimi

Mimi I thought you were a yoruba girl.Tatafo means amebo or story teller.

too_ilo said...

Hi Mandy,
Am a regular each time u are on MIC i love ur presentations but never knew u are a good story teller. Do keep it up.

I guess we have a female Achebe in u.

Please which state in nigeria are u from?

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

Anonymous said...

Mandy I want to let you know I/we love you and your music.
Chinedu.

Olabode Olaseni said...

Hi Mandy,
You did great on Taxi driver song.
I luv it.
You are hell of a lady.

Olabode