Sunday 24 February 2008

Here we Go....


Had a brilliant time at Brila 88.9fm yesterday (no pun intended). It was such a buzz being live on air. I have never seen so many knobs and buttons. Its like being in a plane cockpit, push the wrong button and you could crash i.e. go off the air. I interviewed Ewigbe Enobahare, the Kano Pillars Goal keeper, reviewed the morning sports pages, did sports entertainment news i.e. told everyone about Gazza being locked up under the Mental Health Act, Ashley and Cheryl Cole's marriage wahala(shock horror he's been sleeping around!!), Posh and Pecs (I mean Becks) wanting to adopt a baby from Sierria Leone (puh-lleeze) and Ronaldos new mansion and so on ..

I then, with great glee and excitement, opened up the phone lines to talk about wedding rings. Some of the players that went out to Ghana conveniently lost theirs as they had to take them off before playing so I opened up the topic a bit and asked what people thought about wedding rings. Should they be worn permanently or do we have the freedom, male or female, to wear them as we like. There were lots of interesting responses like - Africans don't wear wedding rings! But surely if you are going to fully embrace the Christianity imported from Europe, get married in the church in front of hundreds of people then surely you are going to have to wear a wedding ring.

So I'm on again next Saturday with more sports entertainment, interviews and juicy gossip as I find out what sports celebrities are up to. If you hear anything juicy please let me know so I can spread the news to all my peeps. And I am especially looking for all you ladies to give me a call as I am going to be asking who the sexiest footballers are. We will try and keep it down to 100!! (LOL)

Talk to you guys soon.

14 comments:

Mimi said...

Sounds like your first time on air was a sucess. Well done, and you even managed to bring God into it, through your conversation on Wedding rings...well done again. I have realised that when we honour God in everything we do and share his principals he works in such a way we would never imagine.
The things happening to celebrities are far removed from the reality of life in England.
The real news in England at the moment is how many young men (particularly black young youths/men) are being killed everyday. Some are gang related, others are caused by arguments and others may be as a result being at the wrong place at the wrong time.
There is even one town, which has hit the headlines for so man young people committing suicide. Anyway let me not bore you with these issues. Enjoy you next show, sounds like the listeners did

ababoypart2 said...

Sounds pretty interesting. I like the talk radio format. It can never fail in Nigeria, we like a good chit-chat. Are you guys online?

Will keep you posted on any gist we hear in Jand. All the best

On the wedding ring thing - I wear, missus doesn't. Funny, I have never asked why...lol.

Comb & Razor said...

sounds like some good stuff, Mandy!

i really do hope i get a chance to hear the show soon...

Iyaeto said...

Hmm wedding rings! I wear a band (white gold. I don't really wear the one I was given on our wedding day.I haven't got an eternity or engagenent ring because then I thought it was a waste.So i told my hubby to buy the band. I like it that way sha. We don't really make a fuss over wedding rings.As long as a couple love and cares for each other.

Mandy Brown-Ojugbana said...

mimi...thats why I am going to spread some lightness for a change some times we all need a break from reality. although I am interviewing the vp of the nigerian sports assoc. next week as some of our players are really suffering financialy.

ababoy2...thanks any gossip will be appriciated as I spend my time scouring the web.you sound like a real man,not harrasing your wife about wedding ring.lucky her.

comb and razor... me too, I could do with feedback.thanks.

Iyaeto... too true we realy should all love and trust each other.

Adekunle Shobowale said...

Hey Mandy, with the way you sound I'm surprised Uncle Toks can get off the Bed in the morning and get anything done *Wink*
Love the show.

Mimi said...

Point taken about the lighter issues, is there anyway I can listen to your show or a recording of it?

ababoypart2 said...

Just found out that you could actually listen live via their web site:

http://www.brila-fm.net/index.php

There is a listen live button on the right hand side of the page.

Mandy Brown-Ojugbana said...

ade kunle....keep listening and get your girl friends to call in and tell me who there sexiest footballers are

Mimi...I have told you it is time to come home and sit with us awhile.

ababoypart2 said...

So what time is your show on Mandy?

Mandy Brown-Ojugbana said...

11-3.00pm my major bitr are sports entertainment news at 12.15pm till 1pm then 1.30 -2.00pm,2.10pm -3.oopm

Comb & Razor said...

good going, ababoy! i'll check it out...

Iyaeto said...

@ Ababoypart2 the button doesn't work

ababoypart2 said...

@Iyaeto - I see what you mean. Yep, it comes up with a couple of links (pre-recorded stuff I guess). I assumed it worked...
:-(