Sunday 22 April 2007

Oh why? The hum.

I was lying in bed tonite thinking about what exactly is the attraction of moving back to Nigeria apart from the obvious - family life, great friends, even better gist, the best food in the world (as per the restaurants Mr Chelsea has spoiled me with) and the old school niteclubs.

I finally came to the conclusion that for me it is the hum. The high pitched sound of positive energy, hustle, vibrancy. But where is it coming from in a country with so much negative PR? I'll tell you. I feel that Nigerians are the most cheerful, happy, positive people I have ever known forever spitting out amazing vibes and energy.

There's a school of thought that says that like attracts like. The more positive energy out there the more it creates. Nigerians dare to dream big, damn the circumstances, lack of infrastructure etc etc. No light? No problem. No road? No wahala. No water? E go better. And it seems to be working and I can feel myself getting sucked right in.

I'm coming home.

12 comments:

Zaynnah Magazine said...

I hear you.

My preparations aren't quite as advanced as yours but...I'm coming home too!:->

Anonymous said...

l am coming hm too, with my britiko husband and 3 kids. l cannot wait.

Pilgrimage to Self said...

Welcome! I remember you...not personally of course, but your name and your song. Mr. Chelsea has been keeping us entertained and me gets the feeling you will too!

? said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
? said...

I remember the Afropop hit single Taxi Driver. Am proud of that tune.

Mandy Brown-Ojugbana said...

april i know u will the buzz will get u.

pilgrimage to self. thank you I will do my best

pseudo-independence.me to, I hope the stuff I do next will make you even prouder.

Dimples said...

Welcome oh...u sing in the choir @ my church..I didn't know you were a celebrity o...my claim to fame o..

Well done I really love your voice!!!

Anonymous said...

Hear! Hear!! I am coming home too
most ppl think we must be crazy leaving the UK for bad roads, poor power ( NEPA ) to does in the know,crazy drivers and driving, heat....ETC :)

and I say give me that anytime...O ti su mi nibi!! I want to go homeeeeeeeeeee!!

Lolita said...

Hear, hear......

The hum!

Mrs Somebody said...

April,Anonymous,redifinedone and Mandy .....You guys out there had better come home-o!!.We are enjoying here in Nigeria-o.Big time Enjoyment.We used to enjoy 2 hours of electricity now it has increased to 4 and a half.
By the time you finally return I'm most certainly sure that the hours will keep increasing.

Mandy welcome to blogville...

Anonymous said...

lollll!!@ ms somebody, My dear there are some wahala I am will to suffer in 9ja... e betta pass "council tax" "road tax" should I go on... :)

Anonymous said...

Good luck in 9ja..it is not easy surviving in that country