Saturday 21 April 2007

Iyawo is on the scene.

Welcome to my blog. I hope you enjoy reading it as much as I enjoy gisting you about what is going on around me. I will also be throwing in some history about my experiences back in the day. As you know Mr Chelsea Rules himself has been wafting on for some time now about his views on things. So it is my turn to say my own piece. Or pieces.

After being out of Naija for some time I am returning after taking care of some stuff, you know family, business etc. As we are now planning to head back to Naija I thought it would be a good time to share my views of this transition from calm to chaos.I knew I was ready to return when as I looked at the piles of rubbish on Isolo express way on our way out from the airport last month I got that warm fuzzy feeling in my heart. There's no place like home ay?

Although I was tested on this feeling later on in the evening when nepa took light and my parents gen packed up. She couldn't understand what the problem was. Wasn't I feeling the breeze thru the mosquito mesh? she asked, as I took off to have my fifth shower before I internally combusted

Anyway, welcome to the blog. Look forward to sharing lots with you (Oko mi why the sweating now? Mr Halle Berry this, Pamela Anderson that. Be afraid. Be very afraid :->)

14 comments:

Frances Uku said...

Mandy! in fact this internet thing sef, na wa o. as a naija kid of the 80s, i have to say it's fab to see the years have been so good to you. that Chelsea Rules fellow had better take time o....halle berry ko, gooseberry ni - she sabi sing? shio kelebe twe! now now i fit knack you all the lyrics of Taxi Driver abi even Breakthrough sef (you know exactly what to do-oooo)

but i'll leave the singing to you, shall i? can't wait to read more naija relocation gist from you and Oko - all the best!

Mandy Brown-Ojugbana said...

thanks for the big ups look forward to sharing more gist with you.Mandy.xx

Zaynnah Magazine said...

Welcome to Blogsville, Mandy! I'm looking forward to reading more from you.

uknaija said...

Welcome to the blogworld...when Oga Toks dey talk Iyawo, Iyawo, we no know say na you..

babatunde said...

kai, welcome aboard this our internet, I beg give us all the gist that Oga Toks has been hiding from us..

By the way why are you letting him wear White shoes...

Mandy Brown-Ojugbana said...

babatunde kai you kill me !!! he was desparetly looking for them the other day but they erm went missing
uknaija.NA ME OH...make Igive am competition small

Gbemi's Piece said...

I remember your music! Welcome to blogland. Can't wait to read more about your relocation plans. It's something that's been on my family's mind as well.

Olawunmi said...

welcome to the blogworld. the addiction starts here....

i remember your music!!

i look forward to hearing (and reading) from you in future. welcome.

adefunke said...

OMG!
I can see u now in the blue tail shirt with black leggings and matching belt with the big hair! Ah the good ol' 80's! Welcome, I look forward to reading about ur transition from calm to chaos.

Anonymous said...

wow!! takes me back... :)
Welcome aboard...




www.refinedone.wordpress.com

Anonymous said...

If u marry Taxi driver I dont care...eeeyah so na u!
so the whole time we were listening to Mr Chelsea's gist, we didnt know it was celebrity gist, from henceforth he is Oko Mandy!!
LOL welcome ooo

Anonymous said...

Kaaaai, adefunke, u really took me back to d good old days. I can vaguely remember d video now, when u were entering d yellow taxi in slow motion. Abeg, any plans of re-releasing d song. It's nice to put see d angelic face again. It'll be nice to see your old pics too abeg and tell us about your growing up then. lol Welcome to blogsville!

BabaAlaye said...

Welcome to Blogsville Ma'am.

Mr.Toks, Egbon mi, you are in deep trouble. What are you gonna do now?

Unknown said...

hey welcome!!!
i remember watching ur video when i was 8, sitting right infront of the TV and wishing i would grow up and be as pretty as you...
lol
you still look just as great.