Saturday 8 December 2007

The Experience


What an experience it was ,I was privileged to get front row seats to one of the most inspiring shows I have seen in a while The Experience was held last week at Tafawa Balewa square.
The gospel event featured heavy weights like Tye Tribbet,Don Moen and CeCe winans leading us into the presence of God through praise and worship,followed by powerful prayer sessions focusing on lifting up Nigeria to the next level it was truly amazing,to be in the company of thousands of people with the same focus saying the same prayers,and when TD Jakes himself came out it was the icing on the cake for me as I deeply respect his ministry and all he stands for,and the thing I love best about TD Jakes is that when he preaches you dont see him, you see the power of God manifest,my brother had the privilege of meeting him a few times and has said he has never met someone so humble.All this has served to remind me how lucky I am to be part of such a great nation,a nation of proud prayerful people a people with a hope for the future.


Pastor Wayne Malcom from London England commented on the thousands of people waiting outside the square from 1..pm for a show that was starting at 8.00pm he he had never seen anything like it,people prepared to stand in the hot sun for 8 hrs to get in, to receive a touch from God, he put it so well by saying that we have no poverty here compared to the spiritual poverty in the western world were hardly anyone acknowledges the presence of God in there lives. The experience had an overall record attendance of 250,000 people coming to seek God I have no doubt that eventually Nigeria will pull herself out of physical poverty and corruption that has been a stain for so long.
My praise goes out to pastor paul Adefarasin and his staff at the Rock Foundation for putting on a show of this magnitude that went without hitch, and not even charging a gate fee.May we have many more events like this one.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Was da BOMB..
I was at "The Experience 2006" and this years' was even more glorious!!
Was also priveledged to have TD Jakes preach in church the following Sunday and some of the "experience" performers do a celebration service as well..(was almost like an "experience after-party)

Mandy Brown-Ojugbana said...

Obi....I wish I stayed for second service,but I was there for the first service which was also outstanding I think house on the rock is the church for me.pastor Yemi preached up a storm last sunday.

Kiibaati said...

The Experience concert was well organised and,Tye Tribbet, who I was meeting for the first time was awesome.

And the experience of worshipping with Don Moen live.It was too much!

Unknown said...

Bishop T D Jakes was in Naija? OMG!! I absolutely adore his music and sermons. Wish I was there with you guys.......